Monday, February 1, 2010

I Hope I Get Old Before I Die

Howard Zinn died last Wednesday. What really depresses me is that I didn't even find out about it until today. That got me thinking: How widely was his death even reported?

Perusing the NBC Nightly News website, which is the broadcast of choice here at the apartment, it appears it was not even reported on Brian Williams' nightly broadcast. Checking the ABC news website, it appears it was not reported there either. What about CBS? Nothing there either, as far as I can tell.

He death of course, did merit commentary in the left-leaning Nation, and in the two national newspapers of record, the Washington Post and the New York Times. The Dallas Morning News ran an AP article about him. So I guess the moral to this story is I should read newspapers more.

No comments:

Post a Comment